Friday, August 12, 2005

Sideshow

Rian's Other Professor phoned this evening. She wants Rian's tattoo, but on her own ankle.

This would be simple enough. Rian knows a clean place, a talented artist, and I do not mind if she wants to use the design that adorns my own skin. As I have said before, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

There is, however, one hitch. The Other Professor's husband must first 'vet' the design. Which means Rian is to drop by tomorrow afternoon for a...for a what?...a test spin? An unveiling of intent?

Will hors devours be served?

...Rian adores my Other Professor. I have a very tender spot for her. But she is also, yes, a curiosity. For as long as I have known her...it will be, what? nearly six years now...she has looked at Rian with eyes that are wanting? waiting for? something.

And I cannot figure out what.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emano said...

Sideshow, indeed. Most peculiar. How did the viewing go? And were stuffed mushrooms served?

5:21 PM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

The viewing was odd. The Other Professor's husband will think it over, yes? And perhaps Rian shall take the Other Professor for drink and a tattoo.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home