Sunday, October 30, 2005

Gyroscopic

Rian rode, this morning, one of these amusing toys:

http://www.segway.com/segway/

Twas terribly amusing and much fun, although I fear Rian pinkened here and there. One does not often want to get up in front of an audience and perform a hither-to unknown task. And it IS wobbly, at first, until one gets used to the slight swaying motion.

"Look in my eyes!" Roger The Demonstrator commanded. "No, no, do not look at IT."

"Easier said than done," Rian complained. "Lovely green eyes you have."

"Don't look down at IT."

"Very well. I shall close my eyes."

Truth be told, it WAS much easier to balance the thing with eyes closed. One does not try to constantly over adjust. Although generally tis a good idea to keep one's eyes open when one is driving a small machine in a tiny auditorium. Poor Rian nearly ran over an elderly woman in row B.

Tis all body shifting, of the most miniscule sort. And to turn, one gently rotates a pressure cuff on one handle.

What fun! Rian could see, as we filed out, the mental orders piling up.

I do wonder if the offroading tires work on ice...

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

'It's like a horseless chariot,' my neighbour remarks.

I reckon I could fall off it, self-balancing or not.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

*sniggers at the idea of Rian impersonating Gob*

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home