Monday, March 13, 2006

Heat

Rian and Someone Else are having a water temperature disagreement, yes? Rian prefers the water tank to be set at 140. Someone Else prefers 120 or 130.

Someone Else sneaks down to the basement and turns it down, hoping Rian will not notice. The first time he did so, twas the day before he left for Arizona. Rian was baffled for three days before I figured it out. I thought the heat pump had broken.

Last night Rian came fleeing from the freezing bath, scowling: "You turned it DOWN again, did ye not?"

"Yes." He blushed, "How can you tell?"

"It is TOO COLD."

"But I scalded myself in the shower."

"YOU can add cold water," scolded Rian. "I cannot make lukewarm water HOTTER."

So he bashfully slunk downstairs. And, because he is wonderful, boiled water in a teapot for Rian.

He will sneak down again later, to test Rian, just ye wait.

And this time I shall be waiting behind the tank with a heavy wrench in hand.

Also, I am beginning to wonder about Rian's Heath Threshold. 140 DOES seem a ttch extreme.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

The hotter the better, I reckon. I like my shower so hot they nearly scald. Especially when one has flounced in from a -14 night.

Put a little note on the fixture saying 'Touch and die.'

12:12 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

You know, I haven't had a heated shower in over a month. Even though it's cooling down now, I love jumping into the shower and being blasted with freezing water. Tis more effective than caffeine.

1:33 AM  
Blogger H said...

Hot, Hot, water in Cold, Cold weather.

Absolute pleasure.

Stifling ummer heat? cool shower.

How lucky we are to have these luxuries, to be alive NOW, not hundreds of years past.

1:06 AM  
Blogger academiannut said...

you are crazy jes! I can't stand a cold shower.

I'm having the same war with my roommie, rian, but unfortunately, he's less reasonable about it. I hate lukewarm showers.

2:10 PM  
Blogger keppet said...

Always hot... never cold...

It worries me a bit that I mix more cold water in with the hot in winter than summer.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home