Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hardwood, More

This morning Rian wandered into a wellknown discount flooring store, in the hopes of Epiphany. I thought I had found it, in the form of beautiful dark wood flooring for a Wonderful Price.

"That is beautiful, isn't it?" the sales creature said, watching Rian stroke the sample. "Direct from the rainforest."

"Yip!", thought Rian, snatching hand back as if splintered. "Deforestation! Homeless parrots and salamanders and orchids and small Brazilian babies..."

"Yes," replied Rian, sadly. "It IS beautiful."

Why must everything beautiful have a dark side? And why does Rian not fret so much about the local hardwood?

"Ye gods of squid and monkfish," says Rian, resting head on keyboard, "perhaps I SHALL go with jesic's idea of Purple Shag."

9 Comments:

Blogger Ata said...

Jesic! Jesic! Do I rate so low on the Rian Scale of Importance?

11:54 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hee! I was going to point out it was your fabulous idea. You can own the purple shag love. ;)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Ata said...

{inclines head graciously}

Thankyou, Jes. In my next house, I shall carpet the whole TV room with purple shag.

4:37 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Drat! Apologies, Perfect ata.

I think it was because Rian has fixed in my head the image of jesic with disco balls and bean bags and...yes...purple shag.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Skywolf said...

Hee... jes is a Disco Diva.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Emano said...

Every time my eye glances over, I think it says "purple slag."

2:19 PM  
Blogger daisy said...

Well, she's one of those too.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

*thwacks daisy*

When did I become a female Disco Stu? This is most worrying. Even if I do own a beanbag and disco ball... but no purple shag!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Hee hee, purple shag for the purple slag...

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home