Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Lost

Rian has somehow mislaid my Walking Shoes.

This is a problem, as Rian is expected to walk a small Race for the Cure on Sunday. It is only 5k, but somehow I do not think twould be wise to jaunt it in Jimmy Choos.

Rian's Walking Shoes are older than Rian's Marriage. Well broken in.

Where, o where have my beloved shoes gone? I wear them only for exercise, as they are hardly Haut Couture and grey with age...but one canna do without them.

Will Rian have to go purchase a new pair of sneakers and wear them unbroken in?

Oh, alas, alack! The trials and tribulations!

And, for that matter, where did the shoes go? Before Rian left for warmer climes they were sitting in the neatly organized shoe row of the neatly organized closet.

Perhaps they walked on to a Better Life.

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

I have gym shoes that are 16 years old or so, but they have only been outdoors a handful of times. How can you have shoes that have been run and walked on outside last that long? The interiors of my gym shoes are going. I need to get inserts or break down and buy another pair... fresh rubber might be nice. Then ozone in the air here is not kind to rubber.

8:14 AM  
Blogger keppet said...

Perhaps they walked on to a Better Life.
I am reminded of a Red Dwarf joke...

"it turns out that shoes have souls [soles]"

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home