Thursday, May 04, 2006

Monkish

Rian today purchase two old rosearies in an antique store. I fear it was the Monkism out of conrtol. Rian is not Catholic. Rian has no need for one roseary, let alone two. What will Rian do with them?

But when the light beads slid over Rian's palm, I could not help but wonder about their previous owners. Good Catholics? Lapsed Church goers? A boy who wanted to be a priest and is now a banker struggling with spiritualism? What stories go with the tiny crosses? Faith or lost Hope?

So now they are hanging on the doorknob of Rian's bedroom door. One bakelite black and the other worn wooden elegance. I fear it may soon become a collection.

6 Comments:

Blogger myo said...

Roseary.

I would never have dreampt rian would spell it that whey.

Rian, your post had me googling "rosary". Learnt about about how to pray with a rosary here:
http://www.medjugorje.org/rosary.htm

1:14 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Tyhe gay guys at work used to wear them as fashion statements. Luckily they were aware of the irony...

4:29 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

*cough* THE gay guys. Not Tyhe...

4:29 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Awful spelling is contagious...

says Rian, wicked.

7:16 AM  
Blogger skittledog said...

I actually used to know how to pray with a rosary...ten our fathers and then a hail mary, yes? But I completely forget what happens when you get to the end...I think it gets complicated.

I had a cheap blue plastic one once. I wonder what happened to that.

2:16 PM  
Blogger daisy said...

I have a photo on my wall of a rosary around the neck of a sculpture of a woman's naked torso. My brother took it, and it's very cool.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home