Monday, August 28, 2006

Inappropriate Clarity

Rian has, lately, been having inappropriate moments of clarity.

Sunday morning, lulling later than usual in bed with a lover, thinking: "Life is Perfect."

And then thinking: "But what is the point? I have everything I truly want or need. I live in a Perfect insular world. I do what I wish. I say what I wish. I am happy. But happy is a linear thing."

Do I simply abide? What is Rian waiting for? What is the point of abiding? Must we struggle to live fully? Without struggle where is growth? Are we put here on earth to coast?

Life does not stay Perfect, of course. And when struggle comes, I imagine Rian shall wish to abide again.

12 Comments:

Blogger La Tulipe said...

Ah, but. Answers are what Rian is seeking.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Emano said...

Aha-- Rian is still Seeking. I knew it.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Ata said...

A little bit of Perfection is needed to have strength to enjoy the Struggle.

5:44 PM  
Blogger H said...

Moments of clarity are themselves wonderful things. Some of your answers are at your fingertips and within the sound of your voice, I think. Enjoy what you have. But there are always more questions, and more answers to look for, yes? Keep seeking.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I think I'd rather coast than question happiness all the time.

But even coasting always leads to questions leads to doubt leads to self-pity leads to destruction of perfect moment, so there's no much point.

So, I don't know.

3:37 AM  
Blogger keppet said...

The dude abides.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Emano said...

Actually, I think it's great that you have moments when you think life is perfect.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I think that moments of perfection are what life is all about. Enjoy them, revel in them. Rian has earned them, surely?

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.primotees.com/men/the_dude_abides.htm

7:42 AM  
Blogger No said...

hey that Cornealius blog's is hilarious, a friend of yours, Rian?

ahh perfection. Enjoy it while you have it, when you have it, it's not that often is it?

2:44 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Rian does not know cornealius. I am glad his blog is pleasing.

Or perhaps Rian does not know I know cornealius.

9:23 AM  
Blogger keppet said...

I do not know if it is cornealius I find scary or the people that comment as if his stories were real...

I think it is the people who comment. "Oh I read about how you want to go around killing people. Good luck with that!" or words to that effect.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home