Sunday, April 01, 2007

Funerals...

...turn surprisingly different after one has watched Six Feet Under.

One...or at least this One...spends much of the time eyeing the shiny casket and wondering what brand name it has. One also spends some time wondering if one's grandmother has been beautified even though it is not an open viewing. I do know she was wearing a lovely suit beneath the closed lid.

One also eyes the undertaker with curiosity. Our undertaker was no Nathaniel or David or Rico. He did, however, wear a black top hat and ride a Harley.

One also finds it a ttch odd when the deceased's name is thine own. Tis rather like attending my own funeral in advance.

There was a blanket of pick roses over the casket...and hydrangea.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

One also finds it a ttch odd when the deceased's name is thine own. Tis rather like attending my own funeral in advance.

OK, yes, that would be entirely weird.

I hope it went as well as it could, anyway... *hugs*

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yes, I hope you're doing okay Rian. You have been in my thoughts (now doesn't that sound creepy...)

2:14 AM  
Blogger Skywolf said...

My thoughts, too. *offers blue hydrangea*

8:14 AM  
Blogger H said...

For you:

http://images.mooseyscountrygarden.com/garden-plants/shrubs/lacecap-hydrangea.jpg

http://www.cellphone-wallpapers.net/Wallpapers/User/155-Blue-Hydrangea-Flower,-Close-up-Photography.jpg

http://www.northamptonshire.co.uk/gardening/images/hydrangea350.jpg

http://www.vanbelle.com/images/plant%20guide/deciduous/hydrangea-mac-claudie-002.jpg

1:25 PM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Rian is jesic's thoughts? I am preening indeed.

There is a cloud over Rian's Del Mar sunshine. One single cloud. Right over the house...

I shall try to blow it away.

3:37 PM  
Blogger biped said...

It sounds like a good funeral for someone who had a full life. I am particularly fond of coffins ever since I spend New Year's with one and I was forever disappointed that it had the wrong trimming. I stop talking now before I come up with great stories from my funnest funerals. If it weren't for the hole left behind, they'd be a great way of having a shinding. I'd say something similar to what Jes said, but I'm too repressed for that. xoxoxo

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home