Saturday, August 27, 2005

Boo!

Rian saw the Grim Reaper today.

Truly.

As Rian was driving down The Hill to the local nursery, Rian passed through a tree lined neighborhood of old houses. Standing in the deep shadows beneath two very thick trees was...

Well. A creature. In a black hooded cloak. Tall. Just standing. Very still. Too shadowed to see face or hands or shoes. Just a still, dark, BLACK cloak.

Rian started. "Yip! Do not stop the car, Rian. Do not stop the car. Curiosity be damned, do not stop the car."

Yet I craned my neck the entire way, peering into the rear view mirror. The Reaper never shifted position.

"Something for early All Hallow's?" Rian argued with Self. "Or a very tall, motionless child dressed as a Sith and waiting for a friend. Yessss....that must be it."

Drat. I am still getting goosebumps. Thank the gods of small oceanic creatures that I did not see signs of a faucet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emano said...

"Yip!" indeed! However, Death without his faucet is much more friendly. Perhaps he was just visiting some family in the area.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

You should have thrown something to make sure.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

*sniggers* That's a great prank. Standing around like a reaper, watching people jump. Nice.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Skywolf said...

Eeeee... Unpleasant. Reminds me of my nasty dream of recent weeks. Horrid horrid horrid. I would have sped home far too quickly.

But then, I am a wimp.

6:32 AM  
Blogger skittledog said...

*makes a note of "ye gods of small oceanic creatures" and grins*

Hmm. My mum claims she actually saw Death once. When very close to it. I'm honestly not sure whether I think she dreampt (once again - in your blog, I start talking like you) him or was light-headed and hallucinating or what.

8:09 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

What did he look like? What did he do? What did he say? Did he touch her?

Rian is suddenly feeling rather like Art Bell.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home