Saturday, August 27, 2005

Edwin

Edwin is Rian's barber and co-conspirator in Self painting.

He is a lovely being, olive skin and wide dark eyes. Ringlets of black silk from crown to neck. Always dressed in black, always laughing. And an ego nearly as big as Rian's and the growing tattoo of a Geisha on his ribs.

In Rian's mind he is a slightly vulgar Raphael.

This morning he shaved his ringlets to stubble and moussed a small mohawk down the center of his skull.

"You," he said, as he played with Rian's piercings. "Need another tattoo."

"Just because you have spent nineteen weeks on yours." Rian scolded, lashes lowered as blondish clumps of hair rained to the floor.

"It gets easier. I fell asleep on the table, last time. Next I'm getting a Japanese warrior on the other side, and a dragon down my spine. I'll be going to Connie forever."

"Hmm." Rian said, "Edwin is addicted either to Connie, or pain. Which is it?"

"Beauty," he replied, and made Rian smile.

6 Comments:

Blogger La Tulipe said...

Thank goodness Rian is being recommended to creatures 'into horse racing'.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Emano said...

When I first clicked onto your reply page, I was blocked by my internet filter. Some of your spam is... er... ahem... well.

Anyway, I am glad to see that I wasn't blocked because of lewd comments about Edwin.

5:44 PM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Obscene? Or simply racy?

Rian removed the word that I suspect netted them. I am curious to see if my guess is correct.

Or perhaps it is just that Edwin is Very Well Known.

6:00 PM  
Blogger H said...

hmmm, I remember the original post and that word did hop out. And no new spammy posts now that it is gone. Interesting. I will try to remember not to use that word. And I would normally use it so often.. What a hardship!

*smile*

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

"as he played with Rian's piercings"

*raises eyebrow*

1:24 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Pppft. Tis hardly as it sounds.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home