Monday, August 15, 2005

Keys

Rian dreampt about a heavy silver key. Weighty, yet small and burnished smooth, often used, old fashioned and very similar to the real life key that fits with a protest into Rian's pocket doors.

Rian's dream key fit smoothly into an ornate lock on an unremarkable door.

I stood, expectant, but could not make my hand turn to snick the key.

I do not remember being particularly upset about this developement, or frustrated. I only remember staring hard at the hand that would not turn the key and waiting.

How cliche. But I do suppose there are some things in life that should never be released.

I woke with a riddle in my head: If a secret part of your Self is never revealed, at death does it become unTrue?

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

This would seem to be the opposite of a common dream type of mine. In these dreams I find a secret door in the back of a closet or hidden behind a stair. From cramped old apartments in worn industrial cities I open these doors to find large unused spaces, spacious highceilinged rooms with cobwebs in corners, but filled with light. Sometimes windows or addirional doors looking out on new vistas, beautiful empty hillsides with lush grass and wildflowers bending in a clean breeze. In one dream analysis vistas of the mind and heart yet to be explored.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home