Tuesday, October 18, 2005

ee cummings

Poetry baffles Rian. I know what I like, and I know what I do not love, but often I do not know why.

I can string a few words to tell a passable story, but engender emotion in a few stanzas - Never!

In fact, the very thought of ATTEMPTING such a marvel makes Rian's teeth chatter.

I am more than a ttch certain it is all math(s) related. Where velocity and mass are calculated with the mind, poetry is systematicall figured in the same manner, only with the soul.

This is Rian's excuse, yes? I shall forever laugh or cry or grit teeth or warm dangerously at a bit of poetry, but to attempt such an equation? Never. The rash would surely ooze.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

*ignores horrible spam*

It's not that hard, really. Surely you could turn out something readable at least?

Why don't you have a bash and see? Nothing wrong with trying, is there?

3:45 PM  
Blogger H said...

Why ee cummings in particular?

The world is puddlewonderful?

And, it takes heart and mind. Perhaps it has do do with rythm? You do not dance enough. Emma dances, so I'm told.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I think Rian does enough yoga to get out of dancing. And I do... sort of.

4:11 PM  
Blogger H said...

Hmmm, thinking.... Astanga takes rythm, yes? Try writing a poem that you could do a sun salutation to when read aloud...

4:16 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

*ahem* As I was saying... (the above post was ditched for typos)

*grin* We're insisting, aren't we? You don't HAVE to write anything...

4:21 PM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

There once Was a Girl
from Nantucket....

6:17 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

*snigger*

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home