Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Circles

Rian listened to more John Titor conspiracy on the radio last night. As a result, Rian has woken with a boggled head. I simply canna wrap my mind about time travel.

The joke on the radio last night was that Titor (who supposedly was a time traveler from 20 or 30 years forward) no doubt, whilst he was here, took a moment to mention to his real time family the numbers of this week's winning Powerball Lottery (365 million) thus insuring his family would win.

It was a joke, yet still....Rian spent a good hour trying to work it out in Rian's head.

If Future Titor knew the winning numbers, which he would, suppsedly being a child today...did he know them because from the very beginning they won?

Future Titor tells Young Titor and so family Titor knows.

Future Titor knows because Young Titor and family won because Future Titor tells Young Titor and so family Titor knows?

or Future Titor knows the numbers first time around because the Smith Family in Nebraska won and Young Titor took note? And thusly the Smiths are rich for the first time around and then they have never won afterall because Future Titor tells Young Titor and thusly the Titor family wins and the Smiths remain potato farmers, having never won after all?

Rian is dizzy with confusion. And now also late to Busy Wednesday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emano said...

It's like Back to the Future II all over again.

11:37 AM  
Blogger H said...

"Time travel. From my first day on the job as captain I promised myself I'd never let myself get caught up in one of these God-forsaken paradoxes. The future is the past; the past is the future. It all gives me a headache." -- Janeway.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Skywolf said...

It always ties me in knots as well. And yet, I find it all incredibly fascinating nevertheless. Almost as though the impossibility of it all is a tantalising mystery that I have to get a hold on somehow.

Ooh... I love it. It does my head in, but I love it.

7:34 AM  
Blogger myo said...

POTATO!

2:19 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Kayaaaa!

1:30 PM  
Blogger skittledog said...

*dodges the scary Myo-Rian kung fu*

Heehee. Time travel messes with your brain. And personally I think you need a tinfoil hat, as Kepp and I discussed it for most of last week.

We mostly came to the conclusion that it messes with your brain. And thence got sidetracked onto how the universe started...and are now pretty much back on Angel.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home