Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Missing

There is a sign posted on a tree along the street on the way to Rian's morning appointment:

Stolen: My 2 cats. One brown, one white and black.
Taken by a blond woman in a green sedan.
Reward: 50 dollars

Rian has been puzzling over this sign for the last two days. It is a sad thing, of course. The animals are obviously loved and missed.

But. Is it not also an ODD thing? What manner of creature drives by and picks up two cats? Were the cats placidly sitting next to each other on the sidewalk? Was there no chase? No fear?

And, as apparently the woman was seen...why did nobody at least ask, "Ma'am? You've left the engine running. And...I do believe those cats belong to Joe?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Emano said...

Hmm. I say that Blondie was known to the cats. Cats don't placidly sit and allow strangers to pick them up, do they?

6:52 PM  
Blogger H said...

A cat burgler!

Actually I suspect a custody dispute.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I've heard stealing pets and getting the reward back is actually something people do. Shame on them.

There's a Missing poster for a dog named Biscuits at my train station. No mention of a green sedan, though.

11:50 PM  
Blogger daisy said...

I suspect the Scamp may have been stolen. Horrible people, to do such a thing.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home