Monday, September 19, 2005

Childish

Rian does not have anything of interest to blog tonight, and yet hear Rian is, champagne clutched in one hand, white fire burning on the other, keyboard stretching beneath autonomous fingers.

I am, perhaps, too much a creature of habit.

Sometimes I wish to learn knew tricks. Rian would like to learn how to be nasty and cruel. I should like to become a friend of hatred and venegenance. I should like to give mySelf leave to say something cutting and cruel and childish to one who does, no doubt, not truly deserve it.

The diamond on Rian's hand is older than Rian's ancient house. Mine cut, sheathed in tiny wheat sheeves of white gold. It is lovely, coldly beautiful, yet imbued with fire and history and arrogance.

Tomorrow it shall go to the bank, and in all honesty Rian does not love it, but tonight I am enjoying the flash and sparkle set high above one knuckle.

That appreciation, too, musts be childish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Why would Rian wish to be cruel?

And the diamond sounds fascinating. One day, you'll have to tell me its story, yes?

3:45 AM  
Blogger Emano said...

I, too, am puzzled why Rian would want to be nasty and a friend of vengeance. Are assertiveness issues involved? Does Rian wish she had spoken to someone at some point instead of just letting something go? And the connection between the diamond and this line of thought is intriguing...

I think I let my mind drift to armchair psychology too easily.

3:30 PM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

The diamond represents Rian's hard heart?

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home