Monday, December 12, 2005

Reply

Hi Rian,*

I'm so glad to get a response from you. Rian* Davis!? Way to move up the alphabet!

Wow you have memories I forgot about. Barefoot still doesn't ring a bell. Oh and getting hit in the head with a piece of wood? I could have sworn that was Joel. Maybe after I came to, my brother told me that so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Of course I still remember the days of D&D. "I can be any class I want but don't mess with Rian's kinder. And when that thing starts taunting, look out!" I was recently recanting old D&D stories with my future brother in-law, whose really into it. Of course in the kid version, each character has 18 everything, unlimited food, and unlimited weight limit. "I had a ten-foot pole but DM said it broke, so I got out the other one." Oh and didn't John and I name all our female characters after girls we liked in school!? Other popular memories: the blue lion, Robotech,Joel's Star Wars collection.

I finally revamped the wardrobe since those red shorts were against my company's dress-code.

White cats got chased for a very long time. Now there are brown cats to chase.

Back to modern times, yeah, it's nice that my parents are still living in the house I grew-up in. I enjoy those visits (not as if their house is any cleaner). My mother is still teaching piano (a hobby I sort-of lost after 18) and isn't showing any major signs of slowing down yet. My father is also still teaching at SDSU even though he's at retirement age by now.

Joel didn't really have much to say except that he would be away and hard to reach until mid-December. Here's his e-mail address if you'd like to try him:abcd@abcd.com*.

Here's a photo of Vickie and myself. It was taken in my office in Germany when she was there visiting me. We did that for two years and then lived together back here for two so I guess you could say I know what I'm getting myself into.

I wont be in Del Mar for Christmas but I do get down there a few times a year, usually over holidays so if you're ever planning a trip down, let me know. Haven't heard from John yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Again, great to hear you and your family are doing well (both Sinnotts and Davises).

The Naked Sprinter*

*edited for privacy

5 Comments:

Blogger Ata said...

the blue lion

... this would not, by any chance, be a Voltron reference?

Ata is now pining for long-lost childhood friends. I shall have to write some letters.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I remember Voltron! I had one!

I should be seeing quite a few of my old friends (yeah, like ten or so years old) on the weekend.

5:08 PM  
Blogger keppet said...

What's Voltron?

So... are you going to email?

Oh of course you are.

3:38 AM  
Blogger La Tulipe said...

Rian was wondering about the blue lion. Ata must be correct. It must be Voltron. The Naked Sprinter loved Voltron. I think perhaps he and Joel fought over the blue lion...

When Joel was not tosses atari games off the balcony in murder attempts.

Rian has not decided about emailing, o Keppet. Shall I ask if the Men in Black are treating him well?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ata said...

I am horrified! Bob does not know of Voltron! The lions, and the princess, and the sad saga of whats-his-name, so early captured by the Bad Guys and never returned... he was the cutest one, too...

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home